Friday, January 29, 2010

Baby, I'm back

OK folks, let's try this again. Life is a little crazy, but I occasionally still have some thoughts I'd like to put down in writing, if only (as usual) for my own amusement. I know I've been away for a while, but I was busy making a family, damnit! Surely that's a decent enough excuse. (Don't worry, Dad, I can hear your response already -- "No it isn't, and don't call me Shirly!")
Now, now, now. Where to start? So many things to discuss, and so little time before I get too far into the sacramental wine.
I guess at least a brief update is a good place. On October 10, I got hitched. I walked down the aisle in all my 9-months-pregnant glory and married the first boy I ever kissed. My dogger, Mollie, was our ring bearer. My husband, brother and nephew wore kilts, like real men should. We had chicken fried steak, cause hey, didn't I mention I was 9 months pregnant? My dad, looking all handsome-fied in his suit, walked me down the aisle. And then we partied it up good, all in my backyard, which my amazing friends and family scrubbed down earlier that morning after days and days of rain had left it a muddy mess. My mother, crazy woman that she is, nearly killed herself turning the yard into a Fall Wonderland. It was the best wedding I've ever had the pleasure of attending, with a very close second best being my brother's wedding in October the year before. We Denby kids sure like that month, apparently. I attribute this to years of brainwashing from mom. (I kid, I kid....except not really, she loves all things fall.)
Seventeen days after the Big Day came the Even Bigger Day. On October 27, the most beautiful baby girl ever made got served her eviction notice (aka I was induced). Abigail Ruth was born at 7:14 p.m., weighing in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces and measuring 18.5 inches long -- and sporting a full head of dark hair and the cutest damn dimples ever put on a face. I'm not biased people, I'm stating facts. Trust me, I've done the research (and by research, I mean I said to my mom, "Doesn't she have the cutest damn dimples?" To which mom replied, "Of course!").
Not to get too mushy, but she's the absolute light of my life. Our little monkey girl (her nickname, "the monkey" is derived from the fact that she has monkey toes -- they're nearly as long as her fingers, I swear), is at the moment I write this chilling with Nana and Poppa for the night, hence why I'm distracting myself with bloggifying (and wine).
So where is this all going? It's going to bed...cause I'm exhausted! Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to put together some even more coherent ramblings. Over and out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay here goes this one has an anonymous thingy at the bottom.luv from nana and poppa, she just put abbey in bed all wrapped like a papoose @10:00pm good luck with that nana.believe me i am unbiased as they come but averything you say is true.but the weddings were equally great.check your e mail.we mkissed the baby to bits today!C

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Baby Girl#1. It's good to read your rantings again, hehe.
Yes to everything you said, and I did love both weddings equally as well, can't be partial you know.
And of course the birth of Nana and Poppa's precious angel. The new light of our lives. We are mush in her hands is all I can say.
Keep it coming.

love ya,
mudder

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I love what you brother wrote, so appropriate. Damn, I suddenly forgot how to spell that.

Mudder

Anonymous said...

it's 9:15pm and your mom and I are going thru Abbey withdrawel .C

Anonymous said...

speak up I cannot hear you!C.

The Mert said...

Good to have you back in the digital realm sister.

Congrats on that beautiful lil' girl there.

Give her a big ol' Asian kiss from Uncle Dave.

Now where do I send the gift card t...oh wait...

Renee said we spent it...oh well.

Congrats!